How to self water plants. We are here with some handy methods that help you water the plants even if you are out of town or have gone on a vacation.
How to self water plants
The plants need water from time to time to maintain healthy growth.
Follow the one that best fits your plants.
Let’s get started!
- A bottle with an aluminum cap
- Take an empty bottle and cap.
- With the help of a hammer and nails, puncture the cap.
- Create 5-6 holes.
- After that, fill the bottle with water and cap it.
- Dig a hole near the plant and Place the filled bottle in the soil.
- Place the bottle upside while its cap is down in the soil.
- It will slowly provide water to the plants when you are out of town.
- After returning, you can refill the bottle again.
Plastic Bag Greenhouse Method
- Clear plastic bag
The greenhouse will capture the water that evaporates and drip it back into the plant. In this way, the plant will survive till you come back.
- You can use this method if you are going on a vacation.
- Grab the plants and add stakes.
- Water the plants to saturate them.
- Avoid overly.
- Take a clear plastic bag and cover the plants with their pot.
- The stake will prevent the bag from clinging to the plants.
- Add some air to the bag by blowing into it.
- Place the plant in indirect sunlight.
- You have made a mini greenhouse of your plants.
Houseplant Bath Method
- Well-draining potted plants
- This method is for plants that need a lot of water.
- Go to your bathtub and fill it up to several inches.
- Filling depends on the number of plants.
- Take a towel and Lay it down in the tub.
- It ensures that the plants don’t damage the tub.
- Grab all the plants and place them on the towel in the tub.
- Remember that the plants must have a better drainage system.
- The roots will soak the water and will maintain it even when you are out of town.
- This method works for almost a week.
Water Wicking Method
- large water container
- cotton rope
- Cotton clothesline
When you are out of town, this method will self-water your plants. The cotton rope will wick the water from the container and deliver it to the soil. It will maintain moist soil.
- Purchase the requirements at most of the hardware stores.
- Take a cotton rope and cut it.
- The length must be long enough.
- It must fit between the bottom of the water container and into the soil.
- The rope must be about several inches deep in the soil.
- Avoid damaging the plant roots.
- Fill the container with water.
- Secure the rope to the bottom of the water container.
Plant Saucer Setup Method
It is considered one of the simplest methods. The Saucers help to retain water for your plants. It also avoids any leakage from the pot bottom. In this way, it Maintains a neat environment.
- Drainage pot
- Take a sauce the same size as your pot size.
- Ensure there is proper space for water retention.
- Take the potted plants in the saucer.
- The plants must be having proper drainage.
- After that, add water to the saucer. The water will be sucked by the plant keeping it alive and healthy when you are out of town.
If you are going out of town, opt for any above methods to maintain your lovely plants.